Monday, May 23, 2011

Does poll show South Carolina as major tax scofflaw mecca?

Rand Paul on Extension of the Patriot Act: 5/23/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLGyOdE_tc&feature=uploademail

I would call this his best work on the podium yet.

A GE engineer quit years ago when the company wouldn’t listen about faults in the Fukushima reactors

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ge+engineer&aq=f

Why does this sound familiar? Maybe because in New Orleans, bureaucrats had turned a deaf ear from decades as citizens had begged for crucial levee reinforcement?

Few SC taxpayers paying online sales taxes

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/may/23/few-sc-taxpayers-paying-online-sales-taxes-ar-1879950/

How many of them would be the first to rap us for not paying our “fair share” each April 15?

PN meeting notes

In Asheville this month, Kathy Patriot reported on her project of formally gathering citizens to tour the local water plant, researching how much fluoride is being dispensed, etc. In Greenville, Nicole Patriot spoke on the need to save up storage food and the option of buying it in bulk from her eFoodsDirect franchise. Several attendees made purchases at the restaurant.

Email forward of the day

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how t o choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

Sincerely,

Harrison J. Featherfax

/\/.\/\/.

No comments: