Friday, July 15, 2011

The budget thing in perspective

Context is what is missing from virtually everything liberals pull. The present din in Washington is about whether to raise the debt ceiling again. Hopefully by some miracle they will not, but the context is that the fedgov spends money like a drunken sailor year in and year out no matter what strictures exist. Here's a little office humor that instantly restores context to that farce among others:

Bite the bullet? First do the math!

Biting the bullet—cutting expenses. I HOPE YOU WILL PARTICIPATE, AND DO YOUR PART ! !

The President ordered the cabinet to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget!

I’m so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget.. I spend about $2000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc, but it’s time to get out the budget cutting ax, go line by line through my expenses, and cut back!

I’m going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio -1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2000 a month; I’m going to have to cut that number by six cents!

Yes, I’m going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that’s what sacrifice is all about. I’ll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries.

(Did Obama actually think no one would do the math?)

John Q. Taxpayer

LAYOFF LETTER

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our

President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.

But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change . . . he gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

By the way, a young Youtuber has put up keen illustrations of federal profligacy and idiocy online:

Big numbers made easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evh7IIGdw1E

The Obama Stimulus: Predictions vs. Reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu0DgpiK8c&feature=related


.........Now this from the great and courageous American Renaissance homepage. Again, it's striking how simple both problems and solutions can be when approached from a very practical, logical viewpoint -- even after decades of obfuscation and exacerbation by the media/government complex. Immigration may be the simplest major issue of our time: Americans simply don't want to be invaded, and politicians simply have no right to force it!


Undocumented Immigrants Steer Clear of Arizona, New American Media; 11 comments

.........Next, Fox News' great asset John Stossel reports the political conversion of a theater and movie man who for many, many years has embodied mindless, reactionary liberalism. Note that David Mamet's problem was the quintessence of leftist dementia: he opposed and despised conservatives for his whole life but came to realize he'd never actually met any. Then somehow he did, and as he tells Stossel, "(O)ne started sending me books. His books ...made more sense than my books."

How a Hollywood Liberal Converted to Conservatism
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/07/13/how-hollywood-liberal-converted-to-conservatism/

Predictably Mamet's only talking economics so far. Wikipedia reveals that he -- surprise, surprise -- has historically been a maniac for Jewishness and Zionism. Say what you will about diversity, the Jews' problems have only been America's problems for a relatively short while. They never should have been, it is totally unnecessary and unnatural, and conservatism must eventually mean repudiation of Jewish power abuse everywhere -- or it remains in the stunted "fiscal" or the evil "neo-" conservative camp.

Think supposedly "anti-semitic" NW is just waxing controversial again? Consider: what's the main problem in America today? How about the fact that we're the most hated monster on earth because all we ever do is bomb other countries much smaller than weaker than ourselves, steal their stuff, call them the Hitler of the month, and push the filth and decadence of ameriKan anti-culture on every corner of the globe simultaneously!

On which countries does Washington exclusively wage those so-called wars? It just so happens they're heavily Islamic. Who historically hates and fears Moslems the most? Israelites, of course! And to whom have ameriKa's politicians bound us with economic epoxy and psycho-political Krazy glue? Israel, naturally!

Ergo, Israel's genocide against its neighbors and tyranny over American politics and culture (google AIPAC if you dare) are POLITICAL ISSUES that cannot be shoved behind the door any longer. You can't call normal, healthy Constitutional concern over them "hate", "bigotry", "anti-semitism" or any other ugly, trendy name. If you do, I don't care what kind of conservative you call yourself -- you're saying political correctness and social propriety matter more than our immediate future as a society.

......... Speaking of Semitism, our friend Bruce of radio fame sent a red-hot news item from another website I really, really wish all Americans would get to know:

Pew Poll Shows Evangelical Christian Zionist's Rapture Quest Failing

Charles E. Carlson Jul 11, 2011

A recent Global Survey of Evangelical Protestant Leaders, taken by the Pew Forum for Religious and Public Life, reveals cracks in the structure of Evangelicalism, best described as Judeo-Christianity, welcome news for all those who labor for world peace and financial stability.
Full Editorial | Summary
http://whtt.org/newwhtt/main.php?nid=5105&ncateid=1

Bruce always adds juicy prefatory comments. This time they were about three radio personalities well-known to conservative greater Greenvillians:

I think there are 3 Southern Baptists that are rational on this subject.
Tony Beam is NOT one of them, neither is Russ but at least he was smart enough to get out of the SB church!
Lisa told me once, live on WORD, that as a Christian, you must always support Israel no matter what they do , right or wrong!
Oh really? What if I support Israel when they are right and criticize them when they are wrong just like any other country?
Should I have supported Israeli rabbis last November when they confiscated all of the New Testaments passed out by Christian missionaries and made a bonfire?

........... Speaking of diversity, the extraordinary black Southern heritage activist HK Edgerton is sending out regular updates of his travels in the cause. They often concern the reactions of the public on seeing an "African American" publicly demonstrating for the Confederate flag in a Confederate uniform. The site of HK at work is striking enough, but to talk to him is to experience deep, genuinely righteous socio-political passion:

From: HK Edgerton < hk.edgerton@gmail.com>

Date: Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Subject: An Open Report / Another Encounter On Hwy. 9

To: dewey@barberandcompany.com

Monday morning, July11, 2011, as I made my way up Highway 9 towards the Continental Divide with the Southern Cross in hand as I do most mornings before entering the offices of the SLRC on my 9 mile stroll. I would be stopped by an elderly white woman who unleashed a small tirade.

We don't need that around here she exclaimed pointing to my flag. You'se are a disgrace and an insult to the good Colored people of this community. You ought to be carrying the American flag, after all it was the one that freed your people. And with all the tourist from the North who come here and spend good money in this town, not to mention who live here are as insulted as I am. Mam I said, you must be a Puritan like Harriet Beecher Stowe. This flag is a symbol of the people of the South. It encompasses our morals, our mores, our religious values, and not to mention the Honorable Stand made by the Southern people Red, Yellow, Black, White, freed or indentured, against those who would illegally invade our homeland and derail the process of social vertical mobility that the African people were surely on before the likes of you came here with your Yankee Avrice ways. I am finished talking to you, she said and pulled away.

Not more than five minutes later as I made my way onward, I could see the car approaching again. This time it stopped beside me, and an elderly White man got out. Oh God, I thought, I hope he don't shoot me; even though that woman had gone off on me, I had been a total gentleman in the course of our interaction. Sir, he said with his hand extended. You must be Mr. Edgerton. We shook hands. I've been following you for years now, and have wanted to meet you for a long time. That woman is my wife. She came home ranting about how she had gotten you told, and didn't particularly like what you said to her. I've been married to her for now over forty years, and yes she is a Yankee, and yes I've been trying in vain to tell her that the beautiful flag you're carrying is as much the Southern Black mans as it is the Southern White mans. I brought her back here to apologize to you for her behavior. Get out the car woman and apologize he said to her. She got out came over to me and mumbled something that he nor I could understand. You can do better than that he said. I apologize for the way I talked to you. I had a feeling that she didn't really mean it.The gentleman reached in his pocket and handed me $15.00, and asked me to have breakfast on them. Before I could say no, it was not necessary. He gave me a hug that was just love. As got in the car he turned and said to me; Mr. Edgerton, you're right, she is a Puritan, but less after today. I was delightfully surprised as they both waved and pulled away. Now I was no longer walking, I had my downtown strut going on. Then I heard the Rebel Yell as several young White boys shouted out HK! I thought as I would be later told by Commander Gary Johnson of the Sons of Marion, Alabama as I recalled the events of the morning to him; what a great way to start your week HK.

Please don't forget to send a donation to our champion, young Candice Yvonna Hardwick of 2942 Hunter Way, Dillon, South Carolina 29536.

HK's latest update is extremely touching, and telling. Its closing reference is to a South Carolina schoolgirl persecuted for her heroic stand against anti-Southern bigotry and discrimination. This sloppy CBS account doesn't even mention the specific school of city involved, but will give you the idea:

Confederate Clothing Ban Sparks Demo
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/23/national/main1644272.shtml

Here's another rich item on the rarefied subject of minority conservatives. Black conservative leaders are countable on the fingers of one hand, but thank God for them! Again, this is not news you probably caught anywhere else besides this your Patriot Network blog.

Black Led Tea Party Group to Rally Against NAACP

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/8000317366.html

See you at tonight's third-Friday Greenville PN meeting!

/\/.\/\/.

No comments: