Saturday, August 9, 2014

The terror thing hacked



I've just watched a great video -- 25 Things You Never Knew About Chocolate. Incredibly, it divulged that white chocolate isn't actually chocolate! No wonder I've never been able to stand the stuff. To think of them calling it chocolate all these years -- how could they? The chocolate industry, the stores and advertisers, all of them. Glad we got that mystery cleared up (why something called chocolate tastes more like soap).


Terror is a very popular word today -- it has to be in the top 10 of favorites. Which do you suppose we hear more mentions of, terror or chocolate? I think it's at least as important to have the whole truth here too.


There's a "war on terror" going on. Am I the only one who thinks that's a ridiculous name for it, considering (#1) we're the real terrorists and above all (#2) terror is an emotion, not a political tactic?


A war on terror would be a push to stop people, somebody or other, from feeling terrified. The present conflict isn't calming or reassuring me, it terrifies me to think that my country and my supposed White House and Congress are capable of such endless, gratuitous killing under pretenses that were never anything but transparent.


Bush the Younger couldn't even pronounce "nuclear", so I'd like to know what he was doing anywhere near the doomsday switch. I've never heard David Cameron, Angela Merkel or other head of state try to say this Latino-English word but I can promise you they'd have no trouble getting it right. Oh -- hear you go:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHD7S4tZwA0


David Cameron is also a colossal fraud and gangster, but at least Britons don't have to hear him mangle basic English the ameriKan way.


In nuttynewstoday.com there's a story that confused me:


http://nypost.com/2014/08/08/terror-filled-flight-as-planes-engine-fails-over-atlantic/
Terror-filled flight as plane’s engine fails over Atlantic


Terror.... plane flight.... failure over the Atlantic.... but I don't see any mention of terrorists?


Were there terrorists involved, as the headline implies? Help me out here. OH -- the writer is agreeing with me, terror is the feeling that came over the passengers on knowing the plane was having technical difficulties. But does that positively mean there weren't any Arabs with box cutters, a bomb, a crazy person smoking in the rest room of anything?


Just trying to get the picture.


/\/.\/\/.

No comments: